Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving to the World

Mood: Augustana


Quote: "A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu


If I were at home for Thanksgiving:


  1. I wouldn't have to worry about lines in airports.

  2. I wouldn't be in my dad's office

  3. My mom wouldn't have had to give the same talk to my dad and I about being social and not complaining.

  4. I would be playing Halo 3 tonight

  5. I would be just getting out of school.

Blog: Yes, I am doing the worst thing one can do on Thanksgiving weekend, travelling. My mother says I should be a tigger instead of an eeyore. So here is my positive outlook:



  • I get to fly six hours and wait in forever long lines in airports!

  • I get to go make one of my cousins cry (not on purpose, I'm just too witty)!

  • I get to go to North Carolina!

  • I don't know why I would be excited about that one!

  • I get an awesome Thanksgiving Dinner!

I am sarcastic about all of the aforementioned (I totally love that word) things except for the last one. So to the weary Thanksgiving Travelling Warrior and to those who feel left out because they are staying home. Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!!!!!!!!

May you enjoy your lines (or lack thereof).

2 comments:

Kirk said...

At least you don't get the privilege of staying at the Plaza Hotel and waiting at a nice and clean Bolivian airport for almost 24 hours. It sounds totally like your mother to say that you should be a tigger rather than an eeyore.

Isabelle Wright said...

Your mother is great. She always liked my critisicms about your essays.

Traveling has one L. See? Traveling. There.

That sucks, but it could be worse.

Enjoy the spiders, trees, and lack of stimuli in NorCarol. Yes, I just invented a cool nickname for that FABULOUS state.