Monday, December 10, 2007

I'll Be Deep and Profound Later

Mood: Ghetto Gospel

Quote: "The nicest thing about standards is there are so many to choose from."-Andres S. Tannebaum

Videos you should listen to:

Blog: Let me be deep later. I'll post my essay (which I like) later. I'll do a lot of things later, just let me be normal. I'll be thoughtful tomorrow, deep the day after. Today I want to be unthoughtful and totally shallow.

A couple people have been saying that I won't get a girlfriend because I'm too picky. This is true, although some myths, such as that my significant other needs to be a model and a genious are untrue. I will create the list, to verify all the questions, and dispel (and prove) assumptions and thoughts that one would have about myself, and my standards.

So it begins. The list. In no particular order, but some can be modified.

  1. Sense of humor-whats the point if she doesn't laugh?
  2. Inteligent-geniuses (or geni) are scary, but a little brain in the ol' noggin never hurt anyone. Your head is supposed to store more than air.
  3. Likes my friends-yes, even the retarded ones. Especially my nerdy ones.
  4. Relaxed-likes to chill and not worry about anything.
  5. Not controlling-lets me be me and doesn't automatically assume things that are completely ridiculous.
  6. Has a cell phone-I found that it helps, having had many relationships vicariously through my friends.
  7. Appreciates silence-when conversation dies away, its ok. Enjoys the quiet times by herself.
  8. Open-will talk about what needs to be talked about, doesn't hide things.
  9. Knows a little about video games-understands basic concepts (such as they system should be turned off when switching games on a Nintendo 64 etc.)
  10. Likes herself-its no fun having to constantly reassure the person in question they are pretty or something like that.
  11. Adventurous (so not spelt right)-likes to try new things.
  12. Enjoys food-eats good food, likes sushi and other exotic dishes.
  13. Has common sense-eliminates (or greatly reduces) the occurance of "Are you kidding me?" moments.
  14. Doesn't limit-Never uses "I'm blonde" or "Thats just how I am" as an excuse. Doesn't classify herself.
  15. Knows about music-pretty self-explanatory.
  16. Good-looking-good-looking to me and tries to keep herself looking nicely.
  17. Self-confident-not arrogant. Accepts when she is wrong, knows when she is right.
  18. Doesn't have a personal bubble- maybe not as extreme as me, but not a compulsive three foot box person.
  19. Fun-likes to put herself out there, likes to have fun. Doesn't mind looking stupid at a friend's house.
  20. Not embarrassed by me
  21. Excepts me-odds are, I'm not really going to change, much.
  22. Understands-knows when its time to be serious, and when to joke.
  23. Enjoys being with me-doesn't care if we're just hittin' it up on the couch or partying with some friends. Likes the fact that I'm there
  24. Independent-Doesn't mind doing different things from time to time. Lets me go off on my own and fully capable of doing the aforementioned by hereself.
  25. Accepts Life-knows that somethings don't change, and some do.
  26. Doesn't do drugs
  27. Inquisitive-asks questions and likes to learn
  28. Thinks learning is more important than a GPA
  29. Appreciates the little things-a raindrop. a walk, sunshine. Likes the nice things that usually go unnoticed.
  30. Liked by my friends and family-not really all that good if noone else likes you.
  31. Doesn't get offended-if I do something stupid lets it go, if someone says something offensive, forgets about it.

Being a supermodel would help too. So there you go. I'm picky, may I never stop being so.

6 comments:

Isabelle Wright said...

Dang it. #26 leaves me out.

Just kidding!

Picky is a good thing. Otherwise you will end up with crap girlfriends everyone hates and I will never, ever hang out with you. And you will cry.

Anna said...

That's a pretty good list. It's good to be picky about stuff like this. Why wouldn't you be? I don't understand why go out with people just because they're "hot" or whatever. It makes no sense to me.

Kirk said...

Sometimes #20 is very hard. I have to compliment you for doing a better job with this than I did with inventing Lyra. I look back and laugh on how stupid the whole thing was.

Shelbey said...

Harrison, I love you. You are probably the only guy I know who would admit to having such a list and then publicly post it. Because you're cool like that. We girls all have lists.

Isabelle Wright said...

PS, You should be shocked that Veronica loves you for posting this. There are so many spelling/grammatical errors, I'm surprised she didn't go running.

Why, for example, do you want a girlfriend who "excepts" you?

T Kelly said...

Wow. That is a pretty fantastic list. I ain't gonna lie. I am happy that you have a girl set in your mind, and one that you can look forward to!

Way to go!