Sunday, December 23, 2007

A Song

Mood: For once, nothing.

Quote: "I thought about Hassan's dream, the one about us swimming in the lake. There is no monster, he'd said, just water. Except he'd been wrong about that. There was a monster in the lake. It had grabbed Hassan by the ankles, dragged him to the murky bottom. I was the monster." -The Kite Runner (pg. 86)

Blog: I'm currently engaged in writing a song on my guitar. Its not amazing, the guitar part is really pretty, but I'm having difficulty witht he lyrics. I read The Kite Runner in two days (yesterday and today), and its really good. It started me thinking about making my guitar song about redemption, and maybe with a little love thrown in. This is what I have so far:

Be Right
You see his face in the mirror
Looking back into your eyes
All your sins and wasted sorry's
Staring with the stony eyes
(And) all you want is to undo it
Go back into the light

Time does not change
Time cannot change
Time must stay the same
Time must stay the same

The pain haunts through the day
Only comes out in the night
Your pillow's wet another day
Trying to make it right
The pain is in you
You can't make it right

Change for me
Change it now
Loose the binding
Chains from hell

I called you yesterday
To hear a voice not yours
I would crawl to find a way
I would make you right

Redemption is pain
Felt to make things right
Please, Please
Please let us be right

4 comments:

Anna said...

Officially, The Kite Runner is on my top five list. I can't decide if it's my favourite because there are so many fabulous books, but it definitely changed my outlook on life. In fact, I liked it so much that I'm giving it to like half my family for Christmas. Haha.

Isabelle Wright said...

Dang straight, Kite Runner freakin rocks.

Kirk said...

Harrison, I'm amazed. You could be quite the indie/Christian songwriter. Look out Sufjan Stevens.

Drake Frost said...

Sufjan Stevens is awesome. Glad you liked it.