Thursday, April 10, 2008

Of Nothing Worth Noting

Mood: Red Hot Chili Peppers

Of Notice: I promise because I have been slacking quotes that I will have a blog post dedicated to them at the end of the year.

Blog: I'm perturbed. I'm bothered. I'm infuriated. I'm angry. I'm any other synonym of angry, in any other language, you can come up with. I don't know where to begin so I won't. I don't know where I'd end, so I'm going to avoid it by not beginning. To summarize the situation, I'm so angry I've started writing poems, I haven't been in a solid poem writing mood since November, that's how angry I am. So here they are. The two poems I wrote for the day (they don't have anything to do with suicide or anything, so don't worry).

The Eye in the Night

The eye in the night is watching
Whispering words of dread
To all of the people to make them fear
The thought of leaving bed
The eye in the night is watching
Looking for a man to find
To whisper rights and wrongs
To make him lose his mind
The eye in the night is watching
Waiting for the sun to shine
Waiting for the men to to rise
To go out, to speak his lies
"The eye in the night is watchig
It told me about right and wrong
Chaos is freedom, unhappiness is bliss
How could you argue such a thing as this?"
The eye in the night is waiting
Waiting for man to be blind
The eye in the night is watching
Watching the free shackled in bonds
So remember the eye is watching
It is colorless and blind
So you it cannot find
Unless you seek it
And let it come inside.
Somewhere Not Found
When people are around
You're wishing they were not
Wishing you were in a place not found
Life is meant to live
Only they were someplace else
So quiet, they could give
The people still around
I'm wishing it were false
With quiet, silent laughter
Wishing all was not
If I could be two places
If I could wear two faces
I would be alone
Walking in a place not found
The other, in my home
Wishing they were gone
But wishing's all one can
Until wishing makes things true
I will find the courage
I will make the time
To take another stand
So there you go. The two poems for the day. Have a significantly more wonderful week and spring break.

1 comment:

Isabelle Wright said...

And what, may I ask, has made you so angry? I hope it wasn't the fact that I hung up on you. My life was, as you can imagine, in danger.

I am only joking, you can't possibly have been angry at my life preservation. I am quite curious to know, however, what has put you in such a mood?