Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Leadership

Mood: Mat Kearney

Quote: "Management is doing things right, leadership is doing the right things." -Peter F. Drucker

Movie Review:

  • Fracture-Anthony Hopkins plays a brilliant engineer who kills his wife, and plans the perfect alibi. According to my dad the movie is really realistic in its portrayal of some aspects of law, especially the law terms. Although it does have a problem with language, which doesn't add anything, its still really good. 4.5/5

Things I've For Homecoming:

  • Ask
  • Get a response
  • Get a group

Things I Need to Do for Homecoming:

  • Plan Date
  • Talk to people in my group
  • Find something to wear

Blog: Today I had a very personal talk with my Young Men's leader on certain premises. Of course, I was very upset that I had to talk to him because it involved me apologizing for something I did not believe was wrong. This of course, as an apology always does, involves a long personal talk as aforementioned (I love that word).

In our talk my Young Men's leader told me that I was a leader. I'm not really quite sure where he gets that. Why does he see something that I don't? I'm the one who spends twenty four hours a day, seven days a week with me. Why does he see this?

He told me that people gather around me, that people like me. How can this be so when the people I really want to continue to be my friends leave me? Ho can this be when so many people don't like me?

How can I be a leader, when I apparently am not? How can I be a leader when noone listens to me? How can I be a leader when I'm practically invisible, when I don't exist?

How am I a leader when I am not? How am I a leader when I don't understand how I could be one?

How is someone so general, someone so vague, boring, someone who can lead? How does someone who can simply cease to exist and be unnoticed a leader?

How am I supposed to lead? When I'm not sure if I am?

How am I a leader?

1 comment:

Kirk said...

Maybe you have an pseudo-leader waiting to break out. Maybe it will be Harrison Richards, the best leader since Vladimir Lenin!