Sunday, June 24, 2007

Wyoming and Being a Loser

Mood: Mika

Things of note in Wyoming:

  • A vast majority of people don't live there for a reason
  • Fat is phat
  • Wyomingins don't like non-wyomingins
  • Attractive women tend not to be in Wyoming...

Blog: Its been a long time, and I'm amazed how easy it is to get out of habit. I dreaded for nearly a week the thought of going up to visit my paternal grandmother (who is a little nutty) and her husband (number three) on their mission in Martin's Cove, Wyoming. Martin's Cove is essentially a Mormon hotspot where youth go to learn about what it was like to be a pioneer. Martin's Cove is where the Martin & Willy handcart companies got stranded in a snowstorm and a bunch of them died. Unfortunately, Martin's Cove is in Wyoming, and as you can see in my list above, Wyoming isn't that exciting.

For two days prior to my trip I did absolutely nothing fun, or cool. I didn't hang out with anyone (anyone of course being people on my cell phone contacts list), which was very sad. I don't know why I didn't post something on my blog, that would have been more constructive than banging my head against my desk for a half an hour. On my second night of boredom I was accompanied by Tanner but we still didn't do anything. The next day I drove to Wyoming with my family, my aunt, my uncle, and my hyperactive, mentally disabled cousin. Before I left I did some shopping for my Bolivian trip, and bought two new Nintendo DS games, both of which I played on the trip up. They were so much fun, and I'm thoroughly addicted to the New Super Mario Bros.

Halfway through the trip my cousin started to irritate me, its not that I don't love her, but she goes nonstop 24/7, and it wears you out. And because I expected nothing from my trip, I was pleasantly suprised and had a good time. In Wyoming I visited Independence Rock, and I've decided to make a goal to go back and carve my name in it, even though I do risk a hefty fine.

Yesterday, my friends and I sat around my house, and still couldn't find anything to do. One of my neighbors, who is sort of popular asked us, while we were sitting outside if we wanted to go play fugitive. We heartedly agreed, and drove up to Rock Canyon Park, all of us were excited. When we got there however, we were sorely disappointed. We transformed into invisible creatures, and when people started to leave, we simply left without being noticed. Last night I came to the realization that the world hates me. Boo hoo.

Tomorrow I venture off to Bolivia, where I will try to update my blog at the internet cafes.

Have a fantastic two and a half weeks without me United States

2 comments:

Anna said...

Have a grand time in Bolivia.
When you get back we should hang out.

Shelbey said...

I didn't know you were going with Sam until his farewell party. Please don't come back all obsessed!