Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Exceptional

Mood: Matisyahu

Quote: "The human spirit needs to accomplish, to achieve, and to triumph to be happy." -Ben Stein (American Actor, Lawyer and Economist)

Note: On my last post I forgot one goal of the psychologist. The step is predict. So, my post should have ready: ...observe, describe, explain, predict, control...

If Life were Easy:

  1. You only had to take the classes you wanted to
  2. School started at 9:00 a.m.
  3. All homework would be a labor of love (much like AP Psychology)
  4. Your parents could actually help you on your homework, and be there to make dinner
  5. One would simply wish it, and it would be set in place (most handy when dealing with the female sex)

Blog: This week was good, just plain old good. Much along the lines of "Okey dokey" "Pretty good" "Fine" "A-O.K." or just plain, "O.K." Nothing exceptional has happened, and it doesn't seem like anything exceptional is going to happen. It's just been, "O.K." and I'm not quite sure why. I just can't figure out what I need to happen, I mean I have a few things I would like to happen, a few things I want to happen, but nothing I need to happen for those want to's and like to's to become real. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. It seems, with all of this going on, I must be entering into my monthly slump.

For those of you who are either unaware, or uneducated in the manner, I tend to go through what I like to call the "monthly slump". Think of it as a mini-depression. The one time a month where I temporarily let down my care-free facade, and become overwhelmed by one thing or another. In this case, its my failure to achieve what I would call the "exceptional life." My failure to live a life, or be the person that is considered exceptional. I consider this life to be:

  • One that is enjoyed
  • One that is capable of teaching others
  • One that is lived to its fullest potential
  • One that doesn't need anything else

An exceptional person is:

  • One who is truly himself
  • One who is comfortable with who he is
  • One who is confident
  • One who can learn
  • One who loves (Romantically and otherwise)
  • One who is loved (Romantically and otherwise)

How do I acheive this? What am I missing. Well, I can tell you somethings, but how do I achieve the things I'm missing? There are a lot more than just the fairly obvious ones, what is the the path to being exceptional.

This, is of course what I thought about today as I layed on my trampoline. This is, of course, what I couldn't tell my mom when she asked me what I was thinking about. How could I?

1 comment:

Kirk said...

I think I'm taking AP Psychology next year, but it will more fun because it will be coupled with Neuro-Biology Honors. Oh yes, I finally registered, so I'm taking AP Calc AB, AP Euro History, AP Spanish, freshman Physics(I didn't want to take it), Honors English(they don't have two AP's) and Drama.