Saturday, August 18, 2007

Farewell to a Friend

Mood: "Quiet Night" Playlist





Quote: "Remember me and smile, for its better to forget me than remember me and cry." -Anonymous


Countdown until School: 3 days (2 if you count freshman academy)


Movie Reviews:



  • High School Musical 2- I've never seen the first one, but still. Did there really have to be a second? Honestly. 1.5/5 stars


Songs to Remember Me By:




  1. Confines of Gravity- Playradioplay!

  2. Relax (Take it Easy)-Mika

  3. Bed of Lies-Matchbox 20

  4. Superman-Five for Fighting

  5. Into the Sun-Joseph Arthur

  6. Unwell-Matchbox 20

  7. Waiting on the World to Change-John Mayer

  8. Danger List-John Mellencamp

  9. I Walk the Line-Johnny Cash
  10. Pieces-Sum 41

  11. Its My Life-Bon Jovi


Blog: My friend left this morning, and I know he's not coming back. This post is dedicated to him. To that reddish, and curly haired kid driving out of Utah, across the country and into Massachussetts. To the kid who drove me insane in Bolivia, but who I had an awesome time with. To the kid who has an awesome Mom (of whom I love to the:

, if I could find an equation I could understand less I would put it). To the kid who invited me to go to Bolivia. To the kid who has an awesome familiy in general (with the possible exception of Ben...). To the kid who listens to some of the best and crappiest music, at the same time. To the kid who always does what he's supposed to do, even if his friends don't. To the kid who gets 20-year-old Bolivian chicks that only speak spanish. To the kid that actually understood what was going on in spanish. To the kid who was, despite all of our differences and arguments, still my friend.

Thats the person I lost. The guy that helped me in Spanish, and is letting me fly solo in AP this year. The guy that saved me in math when I was sick. The guy who, for some reason, never let her go. The guy who is and forever will be, Sam, my friend.

Remember me by these songs:

Confines of Gravity-Because, "I just want to be free/from the confines of gravity" Relax (Take It Easy)-The title should give it away. Bed of Lies-Because I don't fake it, "I would not sleep in this bed of lies/So toss me out, and turn in". Superman- "I'm just out to find/The better part of me/I'm more than a bird/More than a plane/More than some pretty face beside a train" "I'm not crazy/Or anything". Into the Sun- First off, the only song that kept me sane (and drove Ben crazy) in Bolivia, and should remind you of me if only for that reason, "Cause if I find/If I find/If I find my way/How much will I find?" "I've been caught inbetween all I wish for/And all I need". Unwell-Watch the music video, "All day/Making friends with shadows on my wall". Waitn' on the World to Change- "Its not that we don't care/We just know that nobady's fair" Danger List- "They don't know my name/Put me on the Danger List" "Good boys go to heaven/Good girls say their prayers/Me I don't say anything at all/Hope the good master cares". I Walk the Line-Who walks the line better than I do? Pieces-"I tried to be perfect/It just wasn't worth it/I don't think it makes me real". It's My Life-"It's my life/and its now or never/I ain't gonna live forever".

Farewell friend. May all your dreams come true. May god forever watch over you.

4 comments:

Albin0 said...

Yeah, it is pretty sad, I will miss him, even if he does get a tincy wincy annoying at times

Kirk said...

Awww. How sweet. Thanks for that blog post, it raised my self-esteem. Now only if you could do that to Kyle...

Kirk said...

oh yes, i'm in Nebraska

T Kelly said...

That was a very kind post.