Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Pirates Ahoy!






Mood: Train










Quote: "Battles about water in the West are always about something more. At their most elemental they are about survival." -Bettina Boxol










A pirate must be:




Blog: Today marks day two of the "slump", and the day of Mark's birthday (no pun intended, if it was it would be more horrible than it is). Today actually went suprisingly well because I didn't have much time to think. For mutual we did an awesome thing, we went rafting downt the Provo River.



Of course when one brings 13 boys age 12-17 and five adult advisers, things are going to get crazy. In this case, I started out as the Captain of our vessel, much like this dude:


Of course, I was much better looking. As I attempted to steer my crew through the treaches of the River, I became a participant in a mutiny. Unfortunately, I was the mutinee. My motley crew would not listen to my commands, and lost all faith in my ability to lead. This ended horribley with me being pushed off the raft. My crew, being the just men they are, did rescue me, and pull me back into the raft. However, I was totally 'moted by a much less good looking pirate named Captain Francis. So, being the 'moted, and unloved captain, I tried my hand at motivating them. This involved sayings such as, "You are weak, but I will make you strong." "Today we do not die in vain," and the wonderful, "My brothers, we may be outnumbered, but we are faster, and in our numbers we are stronger!!! So pull with all your might, and ONWARD HO! We are few but we are strong!"
Oh the days of being a pirate. I was granted my captain spot back, but then usurped once again, but this time by a better looking pirate captain. I was also taken advantage when my defenses were down, and consequently, pushed into the River by an old man who pirates part time. Normally he's a gastrointestinologist, but we just say he is a but doctor. He is Bro. D. I got taken advantage of so badly, I fell in because of a gastrointestinologist who pirates part-time! Of course I am stil alive, and making plans for another voyage. PIRATES, CHARGE!

6 comments:

Kirk said...

It's every guy's dream to be a pirate. [Insert really bad pirate joke here]

Anna said...

It's too bad that you didn't go a month from when you did, because September 29 is "International Talk Like a Pirate Day". Oh well.

Shelbey said...

Pirates are hot.

Albin0 said...

You were a terrible Pirate/Leader. You deserved what you got, but it did give me a few laughs :)

Sloothy said...

ghgh

Sloothy said...

Please remove our copyright protected image of Bluebeard from your website. Failure to comply will result in action being taken against you. You will be liable for damages caused by the loss of traffic to our Ace
Murder Mystery website.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation.
Copyright infringement is theft.