Monday, July 2, 2007

¡Hola Julio!

Mood:Hellogoodbye sounds good again.

Awesome things from our new apartment:

  • Its bigger than our hotel room.
  • Rumor has it there is hot water.
  • We might get internet
  • There is a living room and kitchen.
  • There is a washer a dryer
  • There aren´t any drunkards nearby that I know of.
  • Our neighbor lady is really nice.

Blog: All the internet cafés were closed on Sunday, so I couldn´t enter something for the first of June. Saturday night we went to a concert by a guy named Ernesto Cavour. He is supposed to be the best charrango player in the world. In case you don´t know, a charrango is this funky little guitar invented by the Andean people. It also has two strings where one string on a guitar should be. Its pretty cool.

On Sunday we went to church. It ¨started¨ at nine. This was sort of a pain because I haven´t woken up before 10:30 this whole trip. I say ¨started¨ because when we got there at nine, we were the first people there. By the time people started coming in it was around 9:20, and sacrement meeting didn´t start until 9:30. It was sort of funny. Like all first Sundays of the month in the LDS church it was fast sunday, and that meant fast and testimony meeting.

Fast and testimony meeting was pretty awesome, even though I didn´t really understand what most of the people were saying. This one twelve-year-old kid who thinks I´m pretty cool sat by me the whole time, and I just talked to him. There was one part where one of the Counselor´s got up and bore his testimony. I had met him before when I did fast offerings, and I knew he was able to speak English. In the middle of his testimony he said, ¨Now for my brothers and sisters from the United States, I will bare you my testimony. I know that Joseph Smith and Gordon B. Hinckley are prophets, and that the Book of Mormon and the Bible are the word of God.¨ I don´t think I´ll ever forget that as long as I live, it was incredible. I then procceded to translate what he said to my little Bolivian friend.

Today, for some odd reason I woke up with the song ¨What I´ve done¨ by Linkin Park in my head. Its sort of random song to wake up to don´t you think? Everything is fine again, and I was able to get some space Saturday night, and I feel better about being around Sam a ton again, plus he and his brother have stopped telling repetitive jokes. Here is a good one though:

What is worse than finding a worm in your apple? The holocaust.

I just thought that was hilarious. I´ve learned a reall cool card game, its called Mormon Baseball, I think its really supposed to be called Hell, but I´m not sure.

We moved into our new apartment today, just in case you couldn´t tell from my list, and its pretty cool. It has seventy´s style decor, and is really nice. We might even be able to get internet which would be nice because this new internet café by us costs 3 bs per hour (only 10 cents more, but still).

I guess I´m less homesick now, Saturday was like hump day, and once you get over it everything is good. Especially because now it isn´t so third world country-ish.

1 comment:

Shelbey said...

I don't usually "bare" my testimony, but if that's how he rolls...