Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Last Bolivian Blog Post

Mood: Iron & Wine

Countdown: 4 hours until lift-off. 13 hours until I set foot on U.S. soil. 22 hours until Utah is graced with my presence.

Things I got from not taking AP U.S. History:

  1. If I was unlucky an hour of homework a month
  2. The coolest teacher ever!
  3. Awesome people in my class that I wouldn't have met otherwise
  4. Awesome student teachers
  5. A 4 on the AP U.S. History Exam
That's correct. I got a 4 on my AP U.S. History test. Same grade (as a lot of people) and none of the work. I successfully beat the academic system.

Blog: After rubbing that in, I'd like to say it one more time. I got a 4 on the AP U.S. History test without taking the class. No worksheets, no lunch-time-library-study-time, and the same result (as far as a college would be concerned). Life is easier when you're naturally gifted and intelligent. I needed to rub it in, I can't help myself.

The other day my debit card died (actually lost), you can imagine how depressed that made me. Not only that, but other people knew their scores and I didn't (living in a country a long ways from home will do that to you), and Kyle e-mailed me saying I got a two (which he confessed to lying after I figured that my family wasn't even home). I then e-mailed my mom and dad and and they both said fours, this definitely lightened up my day. I let out a series of whoops, which woke up someone who was sleeping, and then I pranced around a little bit. I also learned that I got a 28 on my ACT (without studying), which means my goal for a 32 (so I can get into Oxford) is feasible. This brightened up my day considerably, and since I got my mom to cancel my debit card, everything turned out to be awesome.

I'm leaving to the airport in roughly an hour, which means that in one hour I will:
  • Not have anyone correct me
  • Not have anyone try to change me
  • Not have anyone to make pointless criticisms of me
  • Not have anyone think I'm going to change
Life can't get much better than that. Lets be honest, if you had people doing the above said things to you every seconds, you'd be happy to leave irregardless of the circumstances. So I guess with this post I would like to say goodbye to Bolivia
  • Goodbye used toilet paper in garbage cans by toilets
  • Goodbye really smoggy part of town
  • Goodbye smelly streets and rivers
  • Goodbye stray dogs
  • Goodbye poor people
  • Goodbye rich people
  • Goodbye beggars
  • Goodbye 70's decour
  • Goodbye Dearden family
  • Goodbye La Paz
  • Goodbye Bolivia!
What a great thing. I survived, and now I'm coming back with some pretty good pictures (a few really good ones), and some cool clothes. Goodbye Bolivia!

2 comments:

Anna said...

You said irregardless. My brain just exploded.

Shelbey said...

If you want to go to Oxford I suggest you learn how to spell. You are an arrogant git.