Thursday, July 12, 2007

Post from La Paz (aaaaargh)

Mood: Something good

Countdown: Haven´t the faintest clue anymore

Airports are bad because_:

  1. The exchange rate is horrible
  2. Everything is more expensive (the internet café I am in is 10 bs an hour, the average is 2bs)
  3. The people are slow
  4. The workers don´t know anything

Blog: Technically I am not in La Paz, I am in El Alto, which is just as bad. They are both in Bolivia... As you can tell I am not using contractions mainly because I am using a Spanish keyboard right now, which is lame.

Last night my plane got cancelled. Cancelled! Cancelled because of some lame mechanical reason. So after I found out I had to wait for about to hours to fix my flight, get a room and vouchers. I wouldn´t have a bed in the Dearden´s apartment, so I decided to take up the offer of staying in a five star hotel that American Airlines provided. It was a nice hotel, however, I didn´t sleep at all because I was worried I would miss my flight (they told us to be at the airport at 5:30). So after four hours of sleep, I got ready, and once again took a taxi to the airport. When I arrived, I learned that I wasn´t allowed to get my boarding pass until 8:30. Actually, not even get my boarding pass, I wasn´t allowed to wait in line! At the time of post I still have one more hour until I can wait in line. If I am lucky, maybe I can make it home by four in the morning, but who knows. Currently, there is no schedule for my plane to leave, but they say around ten. I didnt eat because I was in a hurry to get into the airport, and right now I only have American Dollars (which gives me a horrible exchange rate).

I have met some really cool people though, and they have all been really nice, and I even met some people my age. A lot of people on my flight are starting to clump together and pass around news, which is pretty fun. Other than that I can´t think of a worse place to be, an airport with n idea when you are going to get out. One day, hopefully I will see you all again, but the again, who knows?

No comments: